What can you be doing now to stop spread and keep busy?
Currently, there are many concerns in regards to the Coronavirus. This virus is something that has had interference with everyone, whether it is with your work, school, studies, holidays or even just stopping you from visiting family. It is understandable that this has caused some frustration and even anxiety, as no one knows for certain when our daily routines will be normal again. In the meantime, there are things that as a society we should all be doing to shorten this time period, and ensure that this phase does not last too long.
The first thing we can be wary of is prevention, there are many things we can do to prevent the spread.
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid contact with other people – keep social distancing
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands
- Disinfect objects and surfaces
- Do not share eating utensils and food
- Do not eat raw food, cook meat and eggs thoroughly
- No travelling – only is necessay
If you are sick you must:
- Stay at home – self isolate yourself for 14 days
- No contact with anyone
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- All tissues in the bin and wash your hands
There are certain symptoms you should look out for and immediately self-isolate if you have these:
- Fever (anything above 37.5 degrees)
- Continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
If you have the above symptoms you should not go to the hospital, you should call 111 and follow their advice on what you should do next.
Please all ensure that you are taking the correct measures to stop the spread and that you are carefully following the guidelines. If you need further advice on this you can visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
During this time it is difficult to set out a daily routine at home which will keep us busy and entertained. However, there are so many things we can be doing during this time, either with our loved or by ourselves.
You could try:
- Redecorating your house – You should try some fun DIY’s around the house
- Read a book
- Organise a fitness routine – This is good for physical and mental health
- Play games with your family
- Listen to music
- Learn a new language or instrument
Take this time to be productive and to move forwards stronger!
Stay home and stay healthy!
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01293 278312