It is important to maintain healthy at all times. Health is a very important factor in out lives, we should ensure we eat the right foods and exercise often to keep healthy. In this blog I will be giving you guys a couple of tip to keep fit and healthy.
What is healthy living?
Healthy living to most people means both physical and mental health are in balance or functioning well together in a person. In many instances, physical and mental health are closely linked, so that a change (good or bad) in one directly affects the other. Consequently, some of the tips will include suggestions for emotional and mental healthy living.
Diet and Nutrition
Diet and Nutrition is a very important sector of staying healthy and in shape. A poor nutrition can have an extremely negative impact on your health. Some of the effects it can have are obesity, hypertension, bad cholesterol and heart disease, diabetes, stroke and cancer.
- Eat three healthy meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner); it is important to remember that dinner does not have to be the largest meal.
- The bulk of food consumption should consist of healthy foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk products.
- Incorporate lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts (with emphasis on beans and nuts) into a healthy diet.
- Choose foods that are low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars; look at the labels because the first listed items on the labels comprise the highest concentrations of ingredients.
- Control portion sizes; eat the smallest portion that can satisfy hunger and then stop eating.
- Healthy snacks are OK in moderation and should consist of items like fruit, whole grains, or nuts to satisfy hunger and not cause excessive weight gain.
- Avoid sodas and sugar-enhanced drinks because of the excessive calories in the sodas and sugar drinks; diet drinks may not be a good choice as they make some people hungrier and increase food consumption.
- Avoid eating a large meal before sleeping to decrease gastroesophageal reflux and weight gain.
- Try and do some sort of exercise at least 4 times a week. This can vary from a workout at the gym, to a long walk with your dog.
Of course, it is also just as important to be able to have your cheat days. At least on day a week you should treat yourself for all the hard work, you should have that slice of cake or that ice cream you have been craving all week.
Healthy living involves more than physical health, it also includes emotional or mental health. The following are some ways people can support their mental health and well-being.
- Get enough sleep daily – at least 6-8 hours
- Take a walk and reflect on what you see and hear at least several times per week.
- Try something new and often (eat a new food, try a different route to work, go to a new museum display).
- Do some mind exercises (read, do a puzzle occasionally during the week).
- Try to focus on a process intensely and complete a segment of it over 1 to several hours, then take a break and do something relaxing (walk, exercise, short nap).
- Plan to spend some time talking with other people about different subjects.
- Try to make some leisure time to do some things that interest you every week (hobby, sport).
Stay healthy and be active!
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01293 278312